Rovoreed speech module

place your wishes & dreams here...
(only Organiser II related, please!)
amenjet

Re: Rovoreed speech module

Post by amenjet »

Daren wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:00 pm Great to hear, are you going to be able to get the rom?
I've just checked and yes I can. So that's good.

I've just finished the artwork and sent it off to China so it'll be back in a couple of weeks. Then all the bits have to arrive, then I can have a go at building it and getting it working.

Hopefully it'll fit in a printer (?) case that Peter sent me.

Andrew
amenjet

Post by amenjet »

Two chips arrived today and they look genuine. I'll wait for the PCBs to turn up and see if they work...

Andrew
Daren

Post by Daren »

Fingers crossed :)
amenjet

Post by amenjet »

Daren wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:42 am Fingers crossed :)
it looks like the chips are indeed genuine. I have had one rambling through its allophones on a top slot test gadget.

Andrew
Daren

Post by Daren »

Good to hear, there are so many fake chips around now.
amenjet

Post by amenjet »

I have a speech module running using the Rovoreed ROM code plugged in to an XP. It talks as it should, I think.

Does anyone have one of these modules that they can power up and use?

If so, does it click as it is powered up and down? The circuitry (based on Olivier's schematic) powers the speech chip and amplifiers up and down with SVCC on the top slot connector. This leads to an audible click on an attached speaker. I'm interested to find out if the original does thia as well, or if it has a different power regime.

Andrew
MartinReid

Rovoreed speech module - PodCast

Post by MartinReid »

Andrew

If you listen to the podcast I made (here), you will hear a click at the start and end of a phrase. Is that the 'click' you mean?

Martin
amenjet

Re: Rovoreed speech module - PodCast

Post by amenjet »

MartinReid wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:42 pm Andrew

If you listen to the podcast I made (here), you will hear a click at the start and end of a phrase. Is that the 'click' you mean?

Martin
Martin,

Yes, it does sound like that, but maybe worse. I should have thought to listen to the podcast.
I'm going to have a go at minimising it.

Andrew
LZ64DownUnder

Post by LZ64DownUnder »

Hi guys,

I realise I am waaaaay down the bottom of the list but would also be keen to chip in fifty pounds (apologies for the Aussie keyboard) for one of these. I have seen Andrew's youtube clips and am dead keen.

Speech synthesis for the Organiser ii, what with it being so portable would be the duck's guts!