Rovoreed speech module

place your wishes & dreams here...
(only Organiser II related, please!)
Daren

Rovoreed speech module

Post by Daren »

In the unlikely event anyone has one, I’d like to buy one.
MartinReid

Rovoreed speech module

Post by MartinReid »

Dear Darren

Out of interest... have you seen this thread (here) ... check put the PodCast.MP3 in the zip

Sincerely
Martin
Daren

Re: Rovoreed speech module

Post by Daren »

Thanks Martin, I was not aware of that thread or that Olivier was making them, I sent him a PM.

Quite keen to get one :)
MartinReid

Contacting Olivier

Post by MartinReid »

Darren

Unfortunately we seem to have lost contact with Olivier, he hasn't visited the forum for over a year...

I think he still has Peters synthesiser which is disappointing but I know there is another member that has has one, who might let you 'have a go' with his.. Unfortunately he also has not visited for a couple of months... I'll send him an email and point him to this thread...

Sincerely and in good faith
Martin

PS... Olivier has made an attempt at the circuit diagram if anyone wants to take up the challenge of making a couple.
amenjet

Post by amenjet »

The speech chips seem to be available on ebay for about £8, so not massively cheap, but available...

Andrew
xchris

Post by xchris »

just be aware there are fakes (even ones that failed to pass QC) around - you better avoid buying from China
same thing happens with the most retro sound ICs like AY-2s and SIDs as well
amenjet

Post by amenjet »

xchris wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:50 pm just be aware there are fakes (even ones that failed to pass QC) around - you better avoid buying from China
same thing happens with the most retro sound ICs like AY-2s and SIDs as well
Hmm, yes people seem to have had bad experiences. I've found some at £9.50 each which isn't that much more I suppose. The full circuit would work out fairly expensive, though.

Andrew
Daren

Re: Contacting Olivier

Post by Daren »

MartinReid wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:58 am Darren

Unfortunately we seem to have lost contact with Olivier, he hasn't visited the forum for over a year...

I think he still has Peters synthesiser which is disappointing but I know there is another member that has has one, who might let you 'have a go' with his.. Unfortunately he also has not visited for a couple of months... I'll send him an email and point him to this thread...

Martin

PS... Olivier has made an attempt at the circuit diagram if anyone wants to take up the challenge of making a couple.
Oh that is unfortunate, I hope he is ok.

I’m not geared up for making PCBs at the moment, my workshop is being relocated, although if there were gerber files I could bet some PCBs made.
xchris

Post by xchris »

he has a site www.gossuin.be /!\ visit with caution (adblocker/ublock is a must) the site is semi-hijacked
with schematics alas NO gerber files (btw there is an account of him on an Atari ST forum, but last activity there : dec 2021)
MartinReid

Rovoreed speech module

Post by MartinReid »

Everyone...

Olivier’s Web-Site Archive
Because we haven't heard from Olivier for a long time and as his site might have been compromised we have reproduced most of his printed material in the technical reference manual section (here)

Speech synthesiser
On the topic of recreating a speech synthesiser how do members feel about 'crowd funding one' then asking Andrew if he'll make one for the forum that members can 'share'.

When I was fortunate enough to have the lone of one I used it for a few months, wrote programmes for it and compiled a dictionary database of words that were not in its dictionary... Made a couple of podcasts etc... And after a couple of months I knew enough about it to be able to send it back to the owner.

Andrew... If 5 members pledged £10.00 each would you be able to 'knock one up' for that? (£50.00)

Martin

PS here is a copy of the Vocabulary database, Podcast OPL, DBF and WMA
PodCast.zip
Speech synthesiser files
(1.59 MiB) Downloaded 23 times