HamLog - amateur radio contact logger.

Looking for PSION Organiser II Software
hawsey

Re: HamLog - amateur radio contact logger.

Post by hawsey »

Martin , thank you so much for taking the time to make this program , I love it .
I have logged two imaginary contacts to test .
Where can I now find the two contacts please ? 🙂
MartinReid

HamLog - Viewing the data

Post by MartinReid »

That's fantastic.. I'm glad you like it... I'm just pleased to see someone new and enthusiastic using an Organiser...

The intention is to write a utilities section where you can view your data, printout the database and the bit I'm most pleased with is to integrate contacts with the Organiser LZ Diary so you can set alarms for future contact appointments. So to be ready practice using the LZ Diary, and have a read of the diary section in the operating manual.

For now to look at your contact data you have to use the xfiles option. Find [Xfiles] [Open] use the down arrow to locate A:HamLog.. now use [Find] to display the first record, use the [down] and [up] arrows to look at the fields in each record... and pressing [EXE] will cycle through the contract records.

"A:HamLog"
Line 1 = The first field is a number don't change this it is used to reorder the file if you change something
Line 2 = This is the text field maximum 14 characters
Line 3 = This field is the call sign maximum 14 characters
Line 4 = This is the frequency maximum 6 characters
Line 5 = Date contact was logged
Line 6 = Begin (start) time
Line 7 = End time

When you get the datapaks back you'll think it's your birthday!

Always sincere
Martin
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Cheers , it works like a charm , I'll have a better look tomorrow 👍. The future contacts is nifty , so I could have an arranged contact every Wednesday at 8pm for instance and the Psion would remind me .
MartinReid

USB Comms Link

Post by MartinReid »

MartinReid wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:39 pm I'm affraid you will be typing in the code on your Organiser. You can type in your programs on a PC and then transfer them across to the Orgainser IF you have a Comms Link. I see that both Olivier and ThePowerfulPierre eBay store are out of stock of the NEW USB Comms Link. If you watch the USB Comms Link page of the Hardware Section I'm sure someone will post there when they are back in stock..

Olivier's PSION products (here)

I tested the program on a PC in the original ORG2 emulator in DosBOX. (Republished Developer Manual (here)

If anyone on the ham radio group are interested there is an LZ64 on ebay for the next day or so, it will probably go for £25.00 to £30.00 eBay item number:255061726965

Let me know when you get HLOG working..

Martin
Update 31st July 2021
I see the ThePowerfulPierre eBay store now has more stock of Olivier's NEW USB Comms Link. I use mine all the time.
Always sincere - Martin
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

I have an old Comms link cable ( or two ) is it possible using adapters to convert to usb ? The one on eBay does look great .
MartinReid

Re: HamLog - Comms Link

Post by MartinReid »

If you have a Comms Link Cable then lets try and use that.. Jaap did a great paper on Using the Comms Link (here)

Before you go to the expense of buyng a USB to Serial adaptor. First you should check what kind of serial lead you have. For this 'test' you don't need to plug the lead into a computer, but you need to connect the lead to the 'top slot'. Turn OFF the Organiser and plug in the connector. Turn back on and press [ON/Clear] again and the Comms Link will boot a Comms option at the bottom end of the main menu. Select this and then choose [Setup] use the down arrow key to see if there is a Protocol setting between Hand and Echo. If there is that's good you have a Comms Link, early versions called RS232 Link didn't have this protocol and are difficult to use.

I'm interested to know what you have.

Jaap suggests a 'USB / Serial Adaptor with FTDI'

The next consideration is power supply, It is normal practice when using a Comms Link cable to connect it to the power supply to save the Organiser batteries, especially when writing packs. Also it is handy when changing batteries because you never loose data, and in your case revert back to POS. You can get power supplies I think ThePowerfulPierre eBay store has one. On the other hand, Oliviers USB Comms Link takes its power from the USB port, I have one with a 500mm lead - very neat.

You'll be able to printout your HamLog.dbf contacts.

Martin
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

I'm posting about the cables in a new thread so as not to clog up this Hamlog one 👍
MartinReid

HamLog02 - BETA Testing

Post by MartinReid »

HamLog version two now being beta tested... details... (here)

Always sincere
Martin
MartinReid

HamLog and Morse Code

Post by MartinReid »

Dear All watching..

The HamLog programme is in the final stages of BETA testing and in a recent communication Gary wondered if something like the Morse Code Tutor in the Interair Airnav, programme could be incorporated.
He then went on to say "I wish I had the time to learn programming"...

With this in mind I've added to the Re: Morse / Amateur Radio uses thread (here)..

Always sincere
Martin
MartinReid

Morse Code Tutor in HamLog

Post by MartinReid »

I've not tested the Interair Airnav Morse Code routine... But I have added a Morse Code Tutor utility in HamLog.. There is a database of short scripts that are used for transmission. And there is a Morse Code Alphabet database which determines the dots, dashes and 'spaces' to be transmitted. The Organiser 'beeps' out the code and the dots and dashes for each letter can be toggled on (or off) on the screen. The 'message' can be re-played as often as required, then played with the letters display toggled on (or off) for checking...

I've updated the HamLog page accordingly (here)

Anyone wishing to try it can send me a 32k datapak and I'll 'MAKE' it and send it back..

Always sincere
Martin