Serial SD data storage?

Feel free to discuss any harware topic here
xchris

Re: Serial SD data storage?

Post by xchris »

guys, as I can see from the ASCII chart is XON/XOFF (DC1 DC3), may you set the flow control 'off'..?
Last edited by xchris on Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daren

Post by Daren »

Martin, Yes it is curious, and I will certainly let you know if I find out what causes them.

I have been messing around with a few different comms experiments and have about 5 or 6 different comms setup files saved now, using the LZ with my TRS80 Model 100 works flawlessly for programs and notes files, both transfer and receive without any oddness so far. One nice thing about the Model 100 is you can tell it to set width to 20 and it “intelligently” wraps a line to the nearest fit without splitting words across new lines, so for making quick note and transferring them to the LZ it is a very nice solution as it is nice and fast to type on and use.

If I can get my head around using comms in OPL it should be quite easy to figure out some of these anomalies by sending the various characters on the LZ and seeing how they are interpreted on the recipient device.

Xchris, interesting and thanks, I’ll look into it.
amenjet

Post by amenjet »

amenjet wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:33 pm How do you set the filename that data is saved to or retrieved from?

Andrew
The OpenLogger is open source so you have the code that it runs here:

https://github.com/sparkfun/OpenLog/blo ... penLog.ino

It should be possible to modify that code so that the logger can identify, for example, OPL source by looking for the 'PROGNAME:' type of string, and maybe also the fact that there are OPL keywords in the file, and work out a filename from that.

Or, you could build a TX/RXpair of programs on the organiser that use a header to set the filename.

Or, embedded text within files could be used as a 'language' that gives instructions to the openlogger about filenames, or other things to do.

Andrew
Daren

Post by Daren »

Good ideas @Andrew thanks.