Comms Link and Bluetooth

Feel free to discuss any harware topic here
olivierg

Re: Comms Link and Bluetooth

Post by olivierg »

I have the idea of remaking the case the width of the PSION. And used standard LIPO 18650 batteries.

I need to do the schematic first, then the PCB drawing, to get an idea of the size needed.
NickKostelidis

Post by NickKostelidis »

olivierg wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:44 pm I have the idea of remaking the case the width of the PSION. And used standard LIPO 18650 batteries.

I need to do the schematic first, then the PCB drawing, to get an idea of the size needed.
It would be nice.
But also we could keep the first part of the case (the one that loads the pins) and modify the other one.
By the way I have done exactly what you describe above but when I lunch term on Psion I cannot type anything.
Am I doing something wrong?
MartinReid

3D Printed Full Width Bluetooth Adaptor Case

Post by MartinReid »

olivierg wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:44 pm I have the idea of remaking the case the width of the PSION. And used standard LIPO 18650 batteries.

See the pictures of the Speech Synthesiser Top Slot Adaptor. If I could get hold of one of these 'I mean borrow' I could draw a 3D model of it ready for printing.

I know ‘schofiel’ was keen to have a go at printing the prototype Top Slot Adaptor Case for the USB Comms Link. I'm just waiting for his email address.

I know Dave Carrick has a Speech Synthesiser and Peter 'had' one if he hasn't sold it on. If there are two knocking about could we get one to Olivier and one to me so we are both singing from the same hymn sheet.

Olivier... If you check Jaaps site he has a photo breakdown of one, showing the 'double deck' circuit board; looks like pleanty of room for a battery (and maybe a switch). It looks like the screws don't protrude through the circuit board. but any board components will have to be clear of them. The board is probably held in slots in the side of the 'case'. I'll know more when I see it. It is easier for me to work with something that exists rather than start from scratch!

Japps Speech Synthesiser exhibit (here).

Anyway those are my thoughts so far!
Martin

PS Can you tell I'm excited?
Attachments
Speech Synthesiser Exploded
Speech Synthesiser Exploded
Speech Synthesiser Case
Speech Synthesiser Case
NickKostelidis

Re: 3D Printed Full Width Bluetooth Adaptor Case

Post by NickKostelidis »

MartinReid wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:05 pm

See the pictures of the Speech Synthesiser Top Slot Adaptor. If I could get hold of one of these 'I mean borrow' I could draw a 3D model of it ready for printing.

I know ‘schofiel’ was keen to have a go at printing the prototype Top Slot Adaptor Case for the USB Comms Link. I'm just waiting for his email address.

I know Dave Carrick has a Speech Synthesiser and Peter 'had' one if he hasn't sold it on. If there are two knocking about could we get one to Olivier and one to me so we are both singing from the same hymn sheet.

Olivier... If you check Jaaps site he has a photo breakdown of one, showing the 'double deck' circuit board; looks like pleanty of room for a battery (and maybe a switch). It looks like the screws don't protrude through the circuit board. but any board components will have to be clear of them. The board is probably held in slots in the side of the 'case'. I'll know more when I see it. It is easier for me to work with something that exists rather than start from scratch!

Japps Speech Synthesiser exhibit (here).

Anyway those are my thoughts so far!
Martin

PS Can you tell I'm excited?
I think that Peter has one. Take a look here
https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=217 ... 4493313268
https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=217 ... 4493313268
DELTA

Post by DELTA »

Hi Chaps,

Thanks for the link to this Martin.

What is it you are all looking for in terms of the 3D modelling?

I've half a dozen wide plug-in modules for various applications and the Extech printers I am currently working with have a handy screw on design which shrouds the topslot connector.

Most of the units come apart fairly easily and I'm happy to help out if I can.

Regards,

Dave.
olivierg

Post by olivierg »

Hello,

The schematic V1.0
comms link V1.jpg
I have choice the JDY-31, low power 7.3ma and low size (the HC05 and 06, is big).
If you have any other bluetooth module with lower specification, let us know.

The 18650 battery size is 18mm x 65mm (without support).
If you have another idea for the battery, let us know. I try to stay in standard formats.

Small explanation of the schematic.
The IC6 is simple LIPO charger for 1S. The charging by microUSB connector.
The IC7 is Boost DC-DC, for up 3.7V from batterie to 5V.
The IC8 is low drop voltage regulator to 3V3. (maybe change and connect to battery directly) !
The Q? is level adaptor to 3V3 to 5V.

Now I estimate the price

Thanks
Olivier
NickKostelidis

Post by NickKostelidis »

olivierg wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:14 pm Hello,

The schematic V1.0
comms link V1.jpg

I have choice the JDY-31, low power 7.3ma and low size (the HC05 and 06, is big).
If you have any other bluetooth module with lower specification, let us know.

The 18650 battery size is 18mm x 65mm (without support).
If you have another idea for the battery, let us know. I try to stay in standard formats.

Small explanation of the schematic.
The IC6 is simple LIPO charger for 1S. The charging by microUSB connector.
The IC7 is Boost DC-DC, for up 3.7V from batterie to 5V.
The IC8 is low drop voltage regulator to 3V3. (maybe change and connect to battery directly) !
The Q? is level adaptor to 3V3 to 5V.

Now I estimate the price

Thanks
Olivier
JDY-31 can works only in slave mode.
Will we have the option to change settings from the organizer or will use the default comms setup?
Have you tried RN42 or RN41 module?
olivierg

Post by olivierg »

I admit not seeing the interest of master mode.
NickKostelidis

Post by NickKostelidis »

Ok
MartinReid

Rovoreed Speech Synthesiser Top Slot Adaptor

Post by MartinReid »

DELTA wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:11 pm Hi Chaps,

Thanks for the link to this Martin.

What is it you are all looking for in terms of the 3D modelling?

I've half a dozen wide plug-in modules for various applications and the Extech printers I am currently working with have a handy screw on design which shrouds the topslot connector.

Most of the units come apart fairly easily and I'm happy to help out if I can.

Regards,

Dave.
Good work Dave. Peter has sent his Rovoreed Speech Synthesiser module to Olivier. So if I could borrow yours then we are both looking at the same thing. Olivier can look at the circuit board and I'll look at the case.

(1) Dave... If you're up for it I'll email you my postal address so you can send it.

(2) Olivier.. Will you be able to work with that 'Rovoreed' circuit board size?

Sincerely Martin