Rewrites after UV treatment

Feel free to discuss any Organiser II related topic here
hawsey

Rewrites after UV treatment

Post by hawsey »

After a Pak has been erased by the UV sunbathing is it then just like an SD card so to speak and can be written to and deleted at will ?
Or will it need the treatment again ?
MartinReid

Rewrites after UV treatment = UNSIZED Datapak

Post by MartinReid »

hawsey wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:39 am After a Pak has been erased by the UV sunbathing is it then just like an SD card so to speak and can be written to and deleted at will ?
Or will it need the treatment again ?
I'm sorry to keep referring you to more reading, but it really is the best way to answer all your questions.. This time I suggest the LZ operating Manual (here) pages 14 and 46 to 48

Sincerely
Martin

PS... Basically a Datapak is an EPROM, the space gets used up sequentially until full, then it needs UV erasing after you have copied off any 'valuable' data. Reading the manual you will also see FlashPaks and RAMpaks
hawsey

Re: Rewrites after UV treatment

Post by hawsey »

Thanks Martin ,
Now that makes sense to me , yes I really should sit down with the manual and have a good read but I thought I would stimulate a bit of discussion on here first , I remember at work , (BT) we filled out timesheets then they were sent off in a sturdy plastic pouch with Velcro on to seal , I'm thinking now that they went off to pay centre to be read then erased .
It must have been quite some task to remove the covers on all of those chips .
Thanks
Gary