PSION Organiser Developer

Looking for PSION Organiser II Software
MartinReid

PSION Organiser Developer

Post by MartinReid »

Find here DevPACK by Dave Woolnough and others who combined many developer utilities into DevPACK.ZIP the contains of which are outlined in the Republished Developer Manual (here). The original developer software was supplied on a 5¼" floppy disk and is readily available on the internet by searching DevKit.ZIP.

Sincerely
Martin

Jaaps on-line Developer Manual (here)
Attachments
DevPack.zip
IBM PC Developer Pack
(477.85 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
Last edited by MartinReid on Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NickKostelidis

Re: PSION Organiser Developer

Post by NickKostelidis »

In DevPack you can find a very useful app.
I am talking about  ATRAN.EXE app.
I think it is better than OPLTRAN.EXE.
It gives the great ability to use the GOSUB and RETSUB commands while these commands are not exist in Psion's II command table and cannot be translated by OPLTRAN.EXE.
Last edited by NickKostelidis on Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MartinReid

PSION Organiser Developer (Updated)

Post by MartinReid »

NickKostelidis wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:22 pm In DevPack you can find a very useful app.
I am talking about  ATRAN.EXE app.
I think it is better than OPLTRAN.EXE
It gives the great ability to use the GOSUB and RETSUB commands while these commands are not exist in Psion's II command table and cannot be translated by OPLTRAN.EXE.
Well done Νίκος I remember you saying that you were an ATRAN advocate. Now that you’ve reminded me; I've just updated the Developer Manual to include the supplied text. Enthusiasts can review its use. Do you have any idea who wrote it, I know he's Spanish but don't have a name. I could credit him in the manual.

Martin
NickKostelidis

Post by NickKostelidis »

Unfortunately I don't know his or her name Martin.
There is an ATRAN.TXT file coming with ATRAN.EXE app.
The first phrase you can read in this file is "Barcelona 9-11-90".
But there is no name of the programmer. 
MartinReid

Post by MartinReid »

NickKostelidis wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:03 pm Unfortunately I don't know his or her name Martin.
There is an ATRAN.TXT file coming with ATRAN.EXE app.
The first phrase you can read in this file is "Barcelona 9-11-90".
But there is no name of the programmer. 
Yes that TXT file is now in the Developer Manual
NickKostelidis

Post by NickKostelidis »

I have downloaded the ORG-Link app.
I was not aware of the existence of this app.
It is a really great app.
I have installed it in Windows XP OS, in Windows 7 OS (32bit & 64bit) and in Windows 10 OS.
In windows XP and windows 7 runs perfectly.
In windows 10 the "Make Pack" buttons and the "Read Pack" are not working.
I press them with the mouse pointer and nothing happens.
Is something wrong with Windows 10?
Do I have to change some settings somewhere?
Can anyone help?
MartinReid

ORG-Link

Post by MartinReid »

Jaap refers to ORG-Link in his Using Comms Link notes in the Other Technical Documents Section of his web-site. I can't emphasise enough the value of these notes to anyone Using an Organiser Comms Link.

The program is included in DevPACK.ZIP and is still available from the developers site.. (here) The notes from which were used to create the Users Information Leaflet.

In preparation for publication I successfully MADE datapaks on a Windows 7 (32 bit) PC with an Original Comms Link cable connected to Serial Port COM1 and on a Windows 8.1 (32 bit) tablet connected to COM4 with Olivier's USB Comms Link. Both these examples used [Make Pack C:]

I must offer a word of WARNING. While experimenting with ORG-Link, although I successfully managed to MAKE packs, one time I also managed to wipe all the data from my 'spare' LZ using the [Save Internal Data] tool button. If I was to use ORG-Link again; I would remove all the Datapaks, and backup everything from memory A: (Saved Diary, Notes, & use Sendall) - before starting.

Sincerely and in good faith
Martin
Last edited by MartinReid on Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NickKostelidis

Re: ORG-Link

Post by NickKostelidis »

MartinReid wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:52 pm Jaap refers to ORG-Link in his Using Comms Link notes in the Other Technical Documents Section of his web-site. I can't emphasize enough the value of these notes to anyone Using an Organiser Comms Link.

The program is included in DevPACK.ZIP and is still available from the developers site.. (here) The notes from which were used to create the Users Information Leaflet.

In preparation for publication I successfully MADE datapaks on a Windows 7 (32 bit) PC with an Original Comms Link Cable connected to Serial Port COM1. Others I believe had had success with Olivier’s USB Comms Link.

I must offer a word of WARNING. While experimenting with ORG-Link, although I successfully managed to MAKE packs, one time I also managed to wipe all the data from my 'spare' LZ. If I was to use it again; I would remove all the Datapaks, and backup everything from memory A: (Saved Diary, Notes, & use Sendall) - before starting.

Sincerely and in good faith
Martin
I was wrong.
The "Make Pack" buttons and the "Read Pack" are not working on 64bit OS. Only on 32bit OS.
MartinReid

Re: ORG-Link in Windows 10 64 bit

Post by MartinReid »

I was wrong.
The "Make Pack" buttons and the "Read Pack" are not working on 64bit OS. Only on 32bit OS.
Nick please try something for me on your 64 bit Windows 10 PC.

(1) Use Psi2Win [Setup..] to confirm which COM port your're using, then close Psi2Win.
(2) Set the CommPort= (the same port number) in the ORG-Link.cfg file and [Save].
(3) Launch ORG-Link
(4) Try to [Make Pack C:]. I think my 32 bit tablet stalled [Booting] when I used [Make Pack B:].

This will confirm or not if ORG-Link works in Windows 10 64 bit. Which no-doubt others will find informative.

Martin
NickKostelidis

Re: ORG-Link in Windows 10 64 bit

Post by NickKostelidis »

MartinReid wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:29 pm
I was wrong.
Nick please try something for me on your 64 bit Windows 10 PC.

(1) Use Psi2Win [Setup..] to confirm which COM port your're using, then close Psi2Win.
(2) Set the CommPort= (the same port number) in the ORG-Link.cfg file and [Save].
(3) Launch ORG-Link
(4) Try to [Make Pack C:]. I think my 32 bit tablet stalled [Booting] when I used [Make Pack B:].

This will confirm or not if ORG-Link works in Windows 10 64 bit. Which no-doubt others will find informative.

Martin
Martin I have done what you asked me to do. Unfortunately the app does not react. I have tested it also in Windows 7 64 bit.Blue and red buttons don't work. They work only in Windows 7 32 bit and in Windows XP. But even in Windows XP  does not work properly. I tried to make a Pack (using slot B) and in the middle of the process the app stopped working. Only one time I managed to read a pack in Windows 7 (32bit) and one time in Windows XP.