HamLog User Group Thread

Looking for PSION Organiser II Software
MartinReid

HamLog User Group Thread

Post by MartinReid »

The Amateur Radio Enthusiasts Contact Logger

Thanks to Gary Hawes FaceBook post those listed below have shown an interest in the HamLog Utility. This thread is for you to share your experiences and ask questions

The link to the Operating Instructions is (here)

List of Registered HamLog Users
Gary H - Callsigns 2E0HGP, M7GPH, 2E0HGP - Dmr ID 2350446 DMR and YSF - On Peanut and Echolink. The original specifier and beta tester
Don - Call Sign - 2E0DSS
Fran - Call Sign - M0YYO
Peter - Call Sign -
Keith R - Call Sign - 2E0CXO
Gary E - Call Sign -
Chris R - Call Sign - M0OLO - on QRZ.COM: (https: // www . qrz . com / db / M0OLO)
Michael - Call Sign - 2E0SNZ

-
Last edited by MartinReid on Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.
hawsey

Re: HamLog User Group Thread

Post by hawsey »

Hi to all ,

has anybody else got up and running yet with HamLog ?
Any thoughts or questions?

What modes are we all using for our radio fix ? I've just got a long wire up last weekend and am starting with a Xiegu G90. For local stuff I sometimes go on 2M 70cm , I also have 4M but not operational on that yet ; also if things are quiet local I go on DMR using a Anytone 878 and YSF on a Yeasu FT70D.

Regards
Gary 2E0HGP / M7GPH
ChrisR

Post by ChrisR »

Hi Gary,

I've only just acquired HamLog for my trusty (and previously) gathering dust LZ64.

I'm mostly on 2m and 70cm local nets -a lot- when I was testing out some Yagis and a J-Pole I home brewed a while back. Now, not so much but I do have my radio shack operational with a trusty Yaesu FT897D. I've dabbled with HF (20m,40m,80m) Kaliningrad being the furthest I ever got with an inverted Vee antenna on my Kenwood TS-530S.

Looking forward to getting to grips with HamLog. Quite a bit of programming know-how went into that I think! No questions from me as yet as I've first got to get my head around using it! :D
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Hi Chris ,

Great to hear from another Hamlog user , yes Martin has done a great job and made many changes since the first version, he's done a fantastic job ; I love it that a 40 year old PSION organiser can log our info using a 9v battery that can last for weeks , obviously smart phone and computers can do the same thing but I like this for a quirky solution .
I'm just learning Morse at the moment and am fancying one of the Dl2man trUsdx Qrp units for that sometime soon , probably after my holidays 😁 the Hamlog will be great to partner with it .
https://dl2man.de/

Regards

Gary
MartinReid

Logging Contacts on an Organiser XP

Post by MartinReid »

One of Garys' FaceBook group members had difficulties with HamLog on their XP Organiser. With them and other XP owners in mind I've added an XP variant section to the HamLog page (here) showing how they could log their contacts in the Jotter Notebook Programme,
Jotter Logs
Jotter Logs
JotterPages.png (23 KiB) Viewed 707 times
With this in mind, I've re-published the Jotter manual (here)
or that they could use the Pocket Spreadsheet to log their contacts.
Plan Logs
Plan Logs
Regards Martin
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Thank you Martin . I'm on holiday so haven't had time to post details on the Facebook ham radio group yet and my original post was removed as I mentioned that I could provide a cheap PSION to people so they treat it as a sales post , my fault ,I will make a new post when I'm home at the end of this month .
Regards
Gary