Comms Link and Bluetooth

Feel free to discuss any harware topic here
NickKostelidis

Re: Comms Link and Bluetooth

Post by NickKostelidis »

olivierg wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:43 pm 1) Yes, but without the adapter that you used as an example.
2) No, in schematic 2 chips: 1 for charging battery and another for convert 3.7v to 5V (DC-DC).
3) Because you can not send 5V from USB to PSION, not good idea.
And you did not understand yet, that the CL is not permanently powered. If you exit the term menu for example it is off and you lose the connection with the BT module.

You don't have to worry about the battery and the module, they will be included and soldered in the version I am developing.
Unless you do it yourself, but it takes some knowledge of electronics and it will be wonky.
Hi again Olivier.
You typed "And you did not understand yet, that the CL is not permanently powered. If you exit the term menu for example it is off and you lose the connection with the BT module."
I have understood this Olivier.
But if we power the CL with 5V from an external battery in parallel with Psion, when we exit the term we will still have power from the external battery and we will not lose the connection.Am I right?
I am waiting for the comms link you are going to produce.
Especially for the new cover.
But I have to make some comms for communication with other devices except the PC.
That is why I ask so many questions to you.
olivierg

Post by olivierg »

OK, good.

You can not sent 5V from USB to PSION via Top Slot, not good idea.
You risk slamming the psion. Because the 5V is not exact 5V (4.9 or 5.1),
Example: the top slot as 4.9V, the USB Voltage is 5.1V, this means that 0.2V enters the psion and it is not an input but a voltage output.
You can do this kind of thing only if you put a low voltage schotkky diode.

Thanks
Olivier
NickKostelidis

Post by NickKostelidis »

Ok. Thank you for your replies.
I am waiting for your new comms link.
Best regards.
Nick.